if you need a go-to recipe this might be the one.
it's SO savory. and so addicting.
thai turkey burgers with asian slaw
makes 3 meals
1 lb ground turkey [you can use chicken if you want. but chicken gets too sticky for me]
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 hefty handful of cilantro, chopped
2 jalapenos, minced
2 tsp. fish sauce [make sure you find the one without added sugar -- i use this one
1 bag cabbage slaw mix [trader joes has the best mix IMO. usually purple and green cabbage and carrots]
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tblsp honey
lime juice from one lime
salt & pepper
1. make slaw by combining: slaw mix, acv, honey, and lime juice. put in fridge to marinate until burgers are done.
2. in a large bowl, combine: turkey, garlic, cilantro, jalapenos, fish sauce, and your individualized serving size of sriracha. i usually make like 6-8 circles around it all. use your hands to mix it all together. [this is why i don't like the sticky chicken]
3. grill burgers. i wish i had a real grill, but i just use a george foreman. but you can also cook them in the skillet with a bit of coconut oil. just make sure they are cooked through. doi.
4. slice avocado and banana pepper.
5. eat. pile on the slaw, burgers, and avocado. add some extra sriracha for more heat.
Labels: paleo, turkey, whit eats, whole30