i've posted this once before, but not since i told you that you should eat exactly what i eat. so here it is again. and because this chicken salad is the bomb. you can add whatever you want pretty much to it. depending on your mood. or your grocery list that week. OR just for shits and giggs.
anyway. this is the best go-to for lunch for me. it's easy. it's delicious. and it's filling. so it's a good choice no matter the mood.
chicken salad base
makes 4 meals
4 chicken breasts
chicken seasoning [optional/varies]
1/2 cup water
1 lb red SEEDLESS grapes
1/2 red onion
4 celery stalks
homemade mayo [i use well fed's recipe. subbing lime juice for lemon]
1. in crockpot, place chicken breasts, juice the limes, seasoning if preferred, and 1/2 cup water. set on low for 4 hours. but watch them. they can get dry if they cook for too long. but don't fret if they do, the mayo will juicen them up! [you can boil / bake the chicken if you want too. add lime. it will be worth it]. shred chicken once cooked and cooled a bit.
2. while your chicken is cooking, make your mayo so it has time to chill and 'set up.'
3. chop up grapes, celery, red onion, and almonds then add to chicken.
4. add in mayo. this is where you can take control. add as little or as much as you like. but just know, homemade mayo is the best mayo you'll ever have.
5. add salt to taste. place in fridge to let chill for a couple hours.
6. eat. put in a coconut wrap (these too!), over salad, or just on a fork and in your mouth.
jalapeños [one or two seeded diced]
yellow curry powder [this one is a favorite!!]
(just not all of those at once)
Labels: chicken, paleo, whit eats, whole30