you is kind.


Source: piccsy.com via Whitney on Pinterest


happy valentines day lovers.

today is a day filled with love. while, i bet when you read this little blog of mine, you don't sit back and think wow, this girl exudes love and kindness, i think today MIGHT change your mind a little bit.

i don't have a boyfriend/husband to write about. send letters to. or stare longingly at. but i have someone that used to be a roommate. and is still my best friend. after 25 years.

so last week out of the blue...my sister sent me this to post. i was a little afraid to post it because i didn't want you to think i had a heart. i have done really well showing you otherwise. but...this brought tears to my eyes [*gasp!] and it was too good not to share.

i love her. and she loves me.

it only seems fitting to post this after my letter from yesterday. [which was written for over 2 weeks!!]
dontchathink? and why not talk about love on the day of love??? 

so without further adieu...i give you my seester.




*********************

I have my morning ritual, as I’m sure everyone does, I get to work, drink my coffee and read all of my 1,231 blogs every morning before I start my boring day at work. I can’t be the only one who looks forward to those first 58 minutes of the day of re-connecting to all of my “friends.”

Well I start here, everyday my sisters blog is my first stop and then I realized something, I have never made a guest appearance!

I just wanted to leave a little note to say, Whitcakes, I am over the moon proud of you, and you amaze me more and more as you continue to grow into an incredible woman. My sister!!! The accomplishments you had made soon far, both personally and professional! As the months have gone by not living with you, I have realized how much I truly enjoyed those years. (Who would have thought that in a thousand years, we would have lived together.. willingly!!!! trust me, ask our mom!!) There are so many memories that I have that include you. I even more amazed that after all of these years, we are still able to laugh together, and still even fight, but know at the end of the day we are here for each other!!! No matter what!

“Sisters don't need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks - expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling.” Pam Brown

*********************

yeah. she is pretty great huh? i'll keep her. 

and that quote...yeah. sometimes we lose friends because they don't know our language. it is the best when you see someone looking 'jank' [i am not sure of the exact definition but it seemed right] and you look at eachother and just burst into laughter because you know you are making fun of the exact same thing.


Source: etsy.com via Whitney on Pinterest

Labels: ,